Hour of Code: Build a VR Game with Unity!
Build a VR Game with Unity!
Unity is a game engine that is free to download for personal use and is installed on various campus computers. It is a tool used by professionals to create video games and VR experiences. This session will demonstrate how to create a very basic game that can be rendered in VR on the Oculus Rift. Participants will have the chance to create their own games and preview the game in full VR using the Oculus Rift.
- The tutorial we will be following: Build Your First VR app (Oculus)
- Unity User Manual (2018.2) (Unity)
- Unity Tutorials (Unity)
2018 Hour of Code Schedule
- 12/3 - Monday - Learn HTML & CSS to build a custom webpage! - Library Learning Lab (308)
- 12/4 - Tuesday - Create CSS animations! - Library Learning Lab (308)
- 12/5 - Wednesday - Use a code playground to create your own app! - Library Learning Lab (308)
- 12/6 - Thursday - Build a VR Game with Unity! - Library Learning Lab (308)
- 12/7 - Friday - Build VR on the Web! - Library Scholars Lab (301)
Related LibGuide: Creating for the Web by Tim Miller
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
- 5:00pm - 5:50pm
- Library Lab - Library 121
- Professional Growth